I have heard from Azharis that if you are a prisoner of war or if you were born into slavery then this is "true slavery" and if you are a Muslim slave you must obey your master (other slaves are not "true slaves" according to Islam so don't have to obey). If you are a Muslim slave, you can work and save money to buy your freedom but you cannot just run away. If you were born as a slave would you really work and pay money to buy your freedom? Even if I am "born as a slave" I am not a slave. I am born free and have no master no matter what any man says. I do not think any person on earth can defend the morality of slavery in any situation and it surprises me that some Azharis talk of "true slavery," as if it is morally acceptable. In my view, slavery in any form is a crime. What do you think?

Project Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment